Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Well it has been a wonderful week thus far, and today I am very proud. I am proud because I am the father of two of the most precious, beautiful little girls I have ever seen. (Maybe just a little bias, I know) My wife is very sad because I have to spend my father's day alone, but you know it could be a lot worse; I could not have any contact with my babies, but at least i'll be able to see them over Skype and on the phone. To me, that's enough, because it could be worse. I know they love me and I know that Shannon thinks I'm a good father so that makes my father's day special. I could not be more happy and proud of my family. Furthermore, without them I know I would not be where I am today. Sometimes, I feel as though my wife and babygirls have saved my life. There was a time where I was headed down a destructive path with the things I was doing, but here I am happily married for 3 years (together for 12 total on the 22nd of June), and two wonderful daughters.

I'd like to also say Happy Father's Day to my dad Richard Herrera. I owe my entire life and success to him, for the example and imprint he has left on my life is never replaceable. He has continued to work his tail off for 30+ years just to make sure my siblings and I had everything we needed. We didn't have much growing up, but he and my mom made sure we had clothes on our backs, food on the table, and a roof over our heads. And for that I feel, our family's bond is unbreakable. I could go on and on about how great of a father I have, but all he needs to know is I am forever in debt to the things he's given me and the lessons he's taught me. Happy Father's day dad, I love you.

As far as my plans for today, I just got off work (my 1/2 day) and I have a lot on the schedule! Not! Talking to my girls as much as possible, hitting the gym, getting my haircut, and doing some laundry..and maybe going to the PX to get some new underwear (I still have the same ones that Shannon has been trying to throw away forever)! Haha....but that's about it...See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment